Re: [OM] (OT) Missing in Action

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Missing in Action
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 10:17:31 -0500
Why would you think it is authentic Caribbean food? It is Cuban food as modified by a few hundred years of exposure to Florida and mainstream US culture and as further modified by very limited contact with Cuba for the past 55 years.

The Columbia is a thriving business that sells food most people greatly enjoy. I have no standard for Caribbean food but do know that I like what the Columbia serves... even if it's sangria.

ps: I don't understand why Cubans can't have sangria. Cuba is a huge producer of citrus fruit and also carries on a brisk import business from Spain, Brazil and Mexico. I'm sure there's got to be some wine in that mix somewhere. I can also find lots of recipes on-line for Cuban sangria. Perhaps those recipes are 50 years old rather than 500. Does it matter?

Chuck Norcutt