[OM] Photographing the impossible

Subject: [OM] Photographing the impossible
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2014 20:54:09 -0800
Well, not really impossible to photograph ...

Every once in a while, I try to capture difficult natural subjects in a way that is viewable, yet still gives the sense of what it looked like.

First, deep in a grove of thousands of years old redwoods. Even the highly adaptable human eye sometimes has trouble with the contrast between deep shade and rays of direct sunlight. I think this is as close as I've managed to get to capturing the look/feel of being in those woods. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14880>

I'm also fascinated by dusk as it creeps darker and darker in woods. I sat for a long time, just watching, feeling the onset of the dark. And every few minutes, pushed the button to take the same shot, with longer and longer exposures. A stunningly beautiful experience.

This isn't really as dark as it was, but about as dark as I think is viewable? I hope it gives a sense of what it was like to be there. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14882>

Woody Moose