Re: [OM] Photographing the impossible

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographing the impossible
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 08:47:56 -0500
I appreciate these shots. When we did our first trip around the country in 2008 we visited the coastal redwoods. It was late in the afternoon and we had no idea how dark it was going to be inside once we left the more open space where we had parked at the side of the road. We just started following a path without knowing where it went or how long it might be. We assumed it was a loop but didn't know that. After a while it began to be quite dark and we had fears of not being able to see well enough to follow the path. Just as it was getting really dark and fears of being truly lost began surfacing we found ourselves near where we had started. Although it was very beautiful and peaceful inside my photos from that place are all truly amateurish. I don't think I've ever converted any from raw as it's not worth the effort... all very blue, sky areas blown and many showing motion blur. Even the one attempt at an HDR image has blown highlights in the darkest image. Ugh!

Chuck Norcutt