Re: [OM] IMG: Fall style

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Fall style
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 07:30:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>I, too, found The Call of the Wild not worth reading. However his "South
>Sea Tales" and "On the Makaloa Mat" collections of short stories from the
>South Pacific I found much better.

     Somewhere in my library I have a copy of "The Iron Heel", one of his
anti-fascist writings.  I also have a book of collected stories by him that are
fascimilies of his serialised stories, and there you can see how diacritical
markings were used in English.  The New York Herald was the last newspaper to
use those in the 50's.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson