Re: [OM] Sometimes you just can't go back

Subject: Re: [OM] Sometimes you just can't go back
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 10:21:27 -0600
Richard Branson offered them a trainload of cash to tour as Zeppelin. RP
said, "no thanks" and rock fans everywhere are up in arms. But my argument
is at his point in his life, he can do whatever makes him happy. Going back
to the 60's and 70's singing the same old songs clearly does not make him
happy. If he just said, "OK" and did it for the money, his heart wouldn't
be in it, the music would suffer, and the fans and critics would lambaste
them.

Same reason why The Beatles turned down what was at the time a stupid
amount of cash for one reunion show - you can't always recapture lightning,
regardless of how much money is involved.

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Charles Geilfuss <
charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, I've been under a rock for a while. What has Robert gone and done?
>
> Charlie
>
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM, Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 9:30 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Robert Plant, are you serious?
> > >
> > > AG to Heaven
> > > --
> > >

> > I know his actions have caused a lot of controversy in the past week,
> but I
> > respect him for his decision. At this point in his career/life, he has
> > nothing to prove. He obviously has enough money that it's not a concern.
> >
> > He's enjoying the music he's making right now, enjoying the band he's
> with
> > right now. For him, it's new and fresh and keeps him interested. He must
> > feel that for him, there's no point in trying to re-create something
> that's
> > in his past, and he wouldn't be enjoying it.
> >
> > That tells me that Plant is in it for the love of the music, not for the
> > money. To turn down a paycheck that large takes big brass ones, and also
> > takes a lot of self-confidence in what you are right now.
> >
> > So my personal opinion is "Good on ya, Robert!"
> >
> > --
> >
> > Paul Braun WD9GCO
> > Certified Music Junkie
> >
> > "Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Berthold
> > Auerbach
> > --

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie