Re: [OM] Hummingbird

Subject: Re: [OM] Hummingbird
From: Lawrence Plummer <plummerl@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:27:29 -0800
> Thanks Paul. I don't know how long they will stay around here. It is a bit
> on the wintery side this morning. We had to take down the feeders due to a
> little wind. And can't keep the hummer feeder up when it is freezing. Will
> probably put it back up when it warms back up.

> Paul in Portland OR

Great shot, Paul. Usually, the Anna will winter over. Here in Seattle, I
continue to maintain two feeders right through the winter and the Annas
definitely appreciate it. When the temps approach freezing, I will bring the
feeders in at night and put them up the next morning. I've even been known to
thaw them out! Even with snow, they continue to feed off them.

 This was taken on Dec. 15, 2012:
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8491/8300183887_1994cd7949_b.jpg

larry