Re: [OM] Revisiting an old friend

Subject: Re: [OM] Revisiting an old friend
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:55:55 -0600
I still keep the E-1 in a position that I can grab it when I want to "enjoy" taking photos. The feel, and the images, are hard to beat!

I like the first one best. :-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

On 11/14/2014 2:43 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I was on a VERY LONG conference call today, and in my extreme boredom
drifted off into Lightroom and had some fun with some old photographs
from the Olympus E-1.

Specifically, I spent time with the Isle Royale pictures.

So, in the spirit of "if one pill is good, three must be better", here
is today's installment of "take the tools away--please!"

With extreme processing in Adobe Lightroom:

With zero processing in Adobe Lightroom:

One thing about the E-1. There might be only five million of those
noisy pixels, but you can really punish them. As our new Senator-Elect
from Iowa would say, "we'll make them squeal."

AG