Re: [OM] Windows users - y'all had better read this

Subject: Re: [OM] Windows users - y'all had better read this
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 21:55:20 -0500
Y'all listen to Charlie too.

Chuck Norcutt

On 11/14/2014 3:07 PM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
No, Bob is absolutely correct. "You" is singular, and "Y'all" (a
contraction of "you all") is the plural form. Only an ignoramus (and I have
known a few) would say, "All y'all". It is redundant. Example: if I ask Bob
about his vacation plans I would say, "Are you going to the Bahamas this
year, Bob?" But if I assume he is taking his better half and the kids I
would ask, "Are y'all going to the Bahamas this year, Bob?" Hope all is
clear now. This is a perfectly logical addition to the English language
which is lacking the plural "you" so enjoyed by the Spanish and Germans.

Charlie