Re: [OM] After the Rain

Subject: Re: [OM] After the Rain
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 15:15:33 -0800
On 11/15/2014 2:10 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
Since Moose carries it it gets to infinity by having an infinitely long focal
length... where it can also do macro.  :-)

Almost all right. :-) Sadly, macro is at the wide end. :-( Not hard and fast, though, the AF Macro mode works above 24 mm, but becomes progressively less effective. This one is at 5 mm = 28 mm on FF.

But it's a great photo. Very hard to do with an OM-1.

And there's the good part of macro only at WA. I was forced to push it through some grass, while pulling blades aside, to get close enough. The result was this angle that caught the magnified background in the drops. I also shot with µ4/3 12-50 in Macro mode and 75-300 with extension tubes. Easier/more convenient - but neither caught the magic angle. Just ordinary shots.

BTW, focus was difficult with all three camera/lenses. A lone, small, thin blade of grass, FAR closer than the background. None of the AFs were really much use. Fortunately, the front control wheel around the lens base on the ZS40 switches to focus when in MF mode and a magnified view is available.

Creeping Closer Moose