Re: [OM] Autumn colours – at last!

Subject: Re: [OM] Autumn colours – at last!
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 18:56:00 +0000
Thanks, Piers :-)

It’s a lovely road and one way to get to Gamlingay from the A1; there’s quite a
bit of woodland for walking nearer Sandy, now signposted to the Industrial
Estate.

I’ve been to Tempsford a couple of times, noting mainly that the black barn was
the stores for the spies about to be landed in occupied France.  It’s
surrounded with trees donated by several nations grateful for the assistance
provided to their resistance forces during WWII.  Said barn is visible from the
air, of course, and I’ve pointed it out to several of my students – sometimes
just before chopping the engine and giving them a practice emergency :-)

Chris