Re: [OM] Scotland 2014

Subject: Re: [OM] Scotland 2014
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 11:35:13 -0800
My camera is always left at GMT..
Piers, My camera is/was set to PDT=UTC-7. (add +7 to get UTC) and is a couple of minutes slow. We did make a stop at the Strome No-ferry overlook in the rain to answer the call of nature. ~6:30PDT. <http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/Scotland/StromeFerry_1201.jpg> There was a caravan parked there and people inside were watching TV ??

We stopped on the Bealach na Ba at 7:30PDT=14:30 UTC and then headed more of less straight to Lochend. First photo there was at 8:10PDT=15:10 UTC. (My camera puts the wrong time zone abbreviation but time is correct)

Assuming the first photo is the first trip over arriving. Your first Bealach na Ba photo is stamped 2:15 CDT ?? I can assume UTC/GMT or do I have to subtract an hour? Your Ard Dhubh photo is stamped 3:30pmCDT so it looks like you went past Lockend and out to Toscaig at the end of the road? Then back over B na B at 5:14CDT?

So you may have passed us while we were parked back at the Strome Ferry overlook (or not if I subtract an hour) and then again when we were unloading at Lochend? Black Volvo?

This time zone stuff is confusing enough without the camera corrections. In any event a missed opportunity :( I should have posted an itinerary. However I just figured that once out in the sticks the logistics would rule out a meeting.

Mike