Re: [OM] Scotland 2014

Subject: Re: [OM] Scotland 2014
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 10:49:25 -0800
We went over the bealach outbound at 1415 UTC...
...so near as I can tell, while you're taking 'Pass In Spring' photo we're parked down at the bottom and taking 'Road To Applecross' looking up toward the Pass. ±5min or so.

  ....then back to Applecross Inn for a beer and a bite before returning via
the bealach at 1715 UTC.
We didn't eat at the Inn that day. We made dinner at Lochend. A nice break form eating out. Something I appreciated about staying at a self-catering place. Lochend wasn't that well stocked with basic supplies and so Robin walked down to the Inn to beg/borrow some soap. Probably while you were enjoying your pint. After you left the sun came out and I walked out to the road and took the shots for the pano. Guy in the VW van was also an Oly shooter and we had a nice chat.
  when you live in the sticks nowhere is far away. Witness that we popped over
to Applecross for
the afternoon just to get a pint
I live in the sticks and everything is far away. Yes, still wrapping my head around the distances there. Basically you drove all the way across the country for a pint!
you took the Struie road B9176 which is within about 5 miles of the house.
Correct of course. You live in a very beautiful spot! Robin says that if we move anywhere it will be Scotland. I told her OK but it has to be close to mountains and somewhere where it doesn't rain any more than here (600mm) Pretty much limits it to around Tain :)

Mike