Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 18/11/2014: Orchard Park, N.Y.

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 18/11/2014: Orchard Park, N.Y.
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:14:56 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> There is a lot of very local variation, though. There are parts of Buffalo
>> (north) that got just a dusting by Buffalo standards. It was the city and
>> the southern suburbs like Orchard Park that were hit hardest. My son's
>> employer sent out a mail today telling people to not come to work and to
>> take care of themselves, and the expected flooding when the weather warms
>> up this weekend.
>>

>Quite true.  My son lives in East Amherst near the University on the
>northeast side of Buffalo.  They got a dusting while 20 minutes drive
>south got 5 feet.  With the lake effect snow you may escape if the
>moisture picked up from the lake hasn't gotten cold enough yet to fall
>as snow.  Orchard Park is 30 minutes south of East Amherst (a
>combination of Interstate highway and surface streets)

     This is nowhere near over.  A small low pressure system passed through
here yesterday, and it's presently in far north central Mexico.  It will be in
central Texas around midnight, and tomorrow it will be generating strong storms
and tornadoes in the deep south.  At the same time, another disturbance along
the edge of the jet stream will pass southward through the intermountain
region, and on Tuesday we will see everything from the western slope of the
Rockies to New England in the grip of a strong low pressure system with an
intense cold front extending from Pensacola to Nova Scotia.  Winds aloft along
the Appalachains will be in excess of 100kts.  The NAM and GFS forecasts are
foreboding.

     On Thursday the temperature here in Phoenix will be 80F.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson