Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 47: small-town Spain

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 47: small-town Spain
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 18:52:17 +0100
Thanks for looking, Chris.

The inauguration was done on Monday partly because many of the people whom we
would have invited anyway (heads of the national IP offices such as the UKIPO)
were in Alicante to attend the meetings of our governing body (on which they
sit) which were starting the following day. This way their travel costs were
just the extra night in Alicante; the other invitees paid their own way.

The other language in Onil is Valenciano, the other official language here in
the Valencia region (which includes Alicante). It is a close cousin of Catalan,
but is not nearly as widely spoken, certainly not in the big cities of the
region (Valencia, Alicante, Castellón, Elche). But you do hear it used in the
small towns and villages, especially inland.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain