Re: [OM] Images sold!

Subject: Re: [OM] Images sold!
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 08:59:45 +1100
But soon you'll have the NBN !

...Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus
[mailto:olympus-bounces+wayne.harridge=structuregraphs.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
] On Behalf Of ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, 24 November 2014 8:26 AM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion

> On 24 Nov 2014, at 7:43 am, Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> My ADSL2 access gives me about 8-10Mbps down and 1Mbps up ...

If it at all makes you feel better, my only workable connection gets 3.75Mps
down, and 0.24Mps up. Assuming there isn't too much weather occupying the
air between me and the relay point on Mount Jillamatong. Or that school
hasn't just come out in Jindabyne. Or that it's not ski season. Or that it's
not Friday or Saturday evening. Or that it isn't a prime number o'clock on
an even day of the week during a gibbous moon (or vice versa during Lent).
Then we get between zero and the above, in a trinary form (zero,
LOAD-DAMN-YOU-almost-zero, and the above).

We're told it might double next year. I can't wait to be downloading movies
at almost twice the speed of zero.

:) I'm not really complaining. I live, with intent, a (relatively) long way
off the road a longer way out of a small town a longer way out of a slightly
bigger town a longer way from the city. So it's pretty good, even amazing
when viewed with overall perspective (and I get a lovely overall perspective
to the Alps and down Moonbah valley). But reclusion's benefits bring with
them e-reclusive side-effects.

Cheers,
Marc
Ingebirah, Oz