Re: [OM] Where to sell was Re: Images sold!

Subject: Re: [OM] Where to sell was Re: Images sold!
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 06:54:13 -0500
Not shutterstock or dreamstine unless you want to sell all rights to your
photos for about 25 cents per download!!  Those two are the worst.  Alamy
is not news based.  Do a search for whatever you intend to submit and see
how many photos they already have in that category.  Alamy splits the lease
price 50/50 with the photographer and that is now the best in the
industry.  The only way you could do better is to have your own e-commerce
website and keep 100% but that means you would have to also do all of the
promotions.  It's not easy money anywhere.

Good luck!

Tina

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 2:46 AM, SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am considering loadng some of my images for stock, might as well see if
> they are worth anything to anyone else, where is the best place to start?
> Alamy seems more news based so that's probably not the best place for me as
> I want to upload existing images from my collection so they may not be
> current. I have looked at shuttershock and dreamstime but wonder now where
> it would be best to start.
>

> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com