Re: [OM] Scotland 2014

Subject: Re: [OM] Scotland 2014
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:04:47 -0000
I have now taken a look at the images posted on TOPE gallery, and I agree,
you were down there, and I was up here, taking photos at pretty much the
same time. And if it wen't for the bend in the road up to the pass, we could
have looked for each other in the posted images. Wow.

If you want to minimize precipitation in Scotland, Tain is a good place to
be. If you want to be in Scotland's driest location, I think it would have
to be Tarbat Ness, a few miles east of Tain. As it happens, the lighthouse
keeper's house was for sale last year - owned by an American couple :-)

http://maps.nls.uk/view/91543776 show the 1881-1915 rainfall map, FWIW. Less
than 22.5 inches p.a.

Piers