Re: [OM] Stand Here, Landscape App

Subject: Re: [OM] Stand Here, Landscape App
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:27:10 -0600
On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> PESO:
>
> I don't know if you landscape people have heard about this app.  Even after
> reading the essay, I'm not sure I approve.
>
> https://captureintegration.com/stand-here-with-rodney-lough/
>
> Tina

Not something I'll use. I prefer to see my own photos. If I want a photo of
Slot Canyon in Arizona, I'll buy one. I don't need an app that shows me how
to take the same photo someone else did.

The danger of that app, I think, is that the photos on that page were taken
with a $7,000 Arca-Swiss view camera, with what was probably a $10,000
digital back. Ain't gonna get those photos with an iPhone, no matter where
you're standing. There will be a lot of disappointment.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie