Re: [OM] IMG: Be nice

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Be nice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 21:07:15 -0800
On 11/26/2014 7:43 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
In South Carolina we put all of our recyclables (glass, aluminum, plastics,
cardboard) into one bag, provided for free by the recycle center.  The bag
is thrown into a huge receptacle which is then trucked to a prison.  It is
the prisoners' job to separate all of the categories of recyclables.  Our
recycle center is less than 1 mile down the highway from our farm and is
very convenient.  They have made recycling so easy that it's much better
than throwing stuff in the garbage!

You are still throwing lots of stuff in the landfill, but the cons sort out
which is and which isn't recyclable for you.

Same thing here. Berkeley was one of the first cities with extensive, curb pick-up recycling, and they were very picky about what plastics they would take. Then neighboring communities started, one by one, to take everything, and make their residents feel very good about themselves. Berkeley finally gave in, too, sorting it all out for us.

Recycled Moose