[OM] Oly's 9 mm, 140° fisheye lenscap

Subject: [OM] Oly's 9 mm, 140° fisheye lenscap
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 21:22:45 -0800
I mentioned I got one of these recently. Nathan's fisheye shots, while not all to my taste, got me curious again. The Bower, et.al. ones like he got were too pricey to me for a little experiment and fun.

Then Oly came out with theirs. A common denominator in the quite positive user reviews on Amazon and B&H was the word "fun". Then I had a credit that made it feel like it only cost $60 (whatever the reality.) :-)

Perfect for some subjects. One has to look to notice that this shot of a circular subject is fisheye; the first impression I had is of a straight shot - with wiiiide coverage. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=15113>

Even this more 'normal' subject doesn't have an obvious fisheye look, but much wider coverage than rectilinear 9 mm. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=15110>

It also looks like it will be useful for one shot panoramas, slightly corrected and heavily cropped top and bottom. No example to post as yet. The shot I've been playing with was not level enough. It's important to have the camera level and on the same level as the primary subject, which my quick test wasn't.

As to the "fun" shots that don't look mostly conventional, they'll either come
up, or not.

Fishy Moose