Re: [OM] I got tired of waiting...

Subject: Re: [OM] I got tired of waiting...
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 12:19:23 -0800
Mike said:
Chuck, the hood from the 12-50 is actually designed for the 9-18. It doesn't
provide as much coverage on the 12-50 as
would a dedicated hood for that lens.
Moose responded:
Do you know this to be true from testing? .... Those two lenses do indeed take
the same hood.
Only from a photo posted on the m4:3's forum of a hood modified for the 12-50 by adding additional shrouding. Eventually I'll throw a second cheap hood in the basket when I make another order. I keep losing those damn eyecups from the EM5 and order two at a time. I hate to super glue one on but I can't afford the $15 a pop. Anyone in China listening?
Wheee! You'll sure like the size/weight for hiking.
Yep, exactly. And for travel too. I wish I'd had it for Scotland. The full sized 4:3's 9-18 + adapter was just too big. Otherwise it works fine on the EM5 albeit a bit slowly. Anyone looking for a 9-18 for 4:3?

mike