Re: [OM] Just added to my OM lens collection 135/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Just added to my OM lens collection 135/2.8
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 13:20:39 -0800
On 11/29/2014 1:56 AM, Chris Crawford wrote:
I¹ve had a 135mm f3.5 for many years. My dad bought it for me when I was a
kid! I have not used it a lot, but when I have it has been a very good
lens. Any advantage to the f2.8 version other than 1/2 stop of speed? The
f3.5 version I have is incredibly tiny, which I love.

Is it performance, or esthetics? I have both versions of the 135 and of the 200. For some reason, I've always preferred the 135/2.8 and the 200/5. I know that the 200/4 is almost certainly the better lens, esp. as it is fully MC, but apparently the f5 version is below some inexactly defined size/weight threshold. (Cuter?)

But then both 135s are apparently below that threshold, and I just like the
look/feel of the f2.8 more.

Aesthetic Moose?