Re: [OM] Sony A7II, IS more info

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony A7II, IS more info
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 18:31:40 -0500

Here is one common example of sensor flare on the A7--prominent on
night shots
with the A7:
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5606/15650158060_7e78bbac62_b.jpg

Note multicolored reflections--these are independent of the lens
used.

I would certainly be annoyed if I had bought a camera which did that.

Must Sony not have know about this?

Early informal testing suggests the sensor stack on the A7II has
changed and
this cam may be free of this effect.

I'd need more than "may be".

Get It Right Moose

Totally agree. Would await more definitive data. I hope Sony doesn't screw up other things with the A7II and the A9. The shutter lag along with the squishy shutter button and lack of EFCS did not enamor the A7R to me despite the obvious advantages.

Get it Right Mike