Re: [OM] I got tired of waiting...

Subject: Re: [OM] I got tired of waiting...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 01:28:16 -0800
On 11/28/2014 6:09 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I've even had DoF problems with the 14-150 at 150mm. And not on close subjects. When shooting film or the 5D I never had more than 200mm regularly mounted and am certainly not used to shooting at 300mm equivalent. I found I was always assuming good depth of field and not really checking it. It's only going to get worse I'm sure. :-)

Well, yeah, but it captures things one can't get otherwise. It's why I often shoot bracketed focus, which can work rather well, even handheld, as in the fern fiddlehead I just posted. I think my experience shooting with a 28-300, on FF, then on APS-C, where it is 480 mm eq. helped me adapt to the needed technique.

Multi Focal Moose