[OM] E-M5 eyecup, was: I got tired of waiting...

Subject: [OM] E-M5 eyecup, was: I got tired of waiting...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 10:09:13 -0500
I agree, that's weird. Not only has my eyecup never fallen off but I use the one with the extended cup for better light blockage. If it was going to get knocked off you'd think this one would be more likely to get snagged and pushed/pulled off. <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=10853226&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi>

But note that I do use the genuine article although I have no reason to believe that ebay stuff would be any less durable here. Perhaps Moose's speculation about it being due to your carrying bag is worthy of note. Most of the time I carry the E-M5 with a single lens alone in a holster type "Ape Case" (AC Pro 625) bag where the camera is dumped in lens first. Nothing goes sliding past the eyecup as it's put into the bag. It will hold the camera with 14-150 installed with hood in shooting position. <http://www.amazon.com/Ape-camera-holster-compact-acpro625/dp/B00835IN0I/ref=pd_sim_p_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0HW1J75GEERP196Z4DX6> I haven't thought about how the 70-300 will or will not fit. I just looked at the lens dimensions and am pretty sure it will fit but not with the hood in shooting position.

The Ape Case is very nice. It has both a shoulder strap and a wide belt loop (belt not included). It has a hidden rain cover in a zippered compartment on the bottom. There is a zippered front compartment which is very small but can hold 3 extra batteries. The inside of the cover has 2 small compartments for SD cards with velcro lock covers.

Chuck Norcutt