Re: [OM] I got tired of waiting...

Subject: Re: [OM] I got tired of waiting...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 20:05:34 -0800
On 11/30/2014 4:01 AM, Frank wrote:
Actually, Olympus recently did introduce a dedicated hood for the 12-50mm,
the LH-55C.

Weeeeell, not really. They also list it for the 9-18, just as with the earlier one. Which circles back around to Mike's comments, and my suggestion that it may be proper for both.

There is a JJC version too...

<
http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/lens-hood-lh-55c-black-for-m-zuiko-12-50mm-lens.html

Well, son of a gun, I didn't notice that appear. OlyAmerica is weird. They know I have that lens (I think the 9-18 is registered, too.) They send me plenty of promotions, but never bothered to mention that. Had they done so, they might (or might not) have sold one at their prices before the clones appeared. As it is, I have a JJC coming for $11 with free shipping.

Once I opened the above link, I shortly received a promo email from them. No special price, though, and a few minutes too late.

I have a 5% discount through the end of the year, but that's not enough incentive. $42.99 - 5% + shipping can't compete with $11.

Multi Hooded Moose