Re: [OM] will a TV do this?

Subject: Re: [OM] will a TV do this?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 12:10:29 -0500
The Dell 24" has an average usage of 38W. But mine sleeps most of the time that it's on. I don't know what the draw is then.

Chuck Norcutt

On 12/3/2014 8:44 AM, Frank wrote:
A modern 32" lcd tv without too much gadgets (like wifi) could use as low
as 24W (a Dell 24" might be comparable?). Ad 5W for a RPi and you look at
~30W.

I would drive it for around 16 hours a *week*, I think (based on my current
use of a smaller picture frame), so it would cost me around €5 a year. I
could live with that.

Best, Frank.

By my calculations (using US electricity and fuel prices) the cost of
keeping my 24" Dell monitor running 16 hours/day for a full year is about
the same as 1-2 hours of cruising in a small private plane.  Why would you
waste all that energy merely to enjoy yourself?  :-)

Chuck Norcutt