Re: [OM] Rumored E-M5 Mk II

Subject: Re: [OM] Rumored E-M5 Mk II
From: Frank <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 16:05:36 +0100
The E-M5 is ~3 years old and need replacement. The E-M1 1 year.

Olympus has a reputation of applying the latest technology in the latest
camera, and that is a good and consumer centered strategy, I think. Like
they introduced the 12 Mp E-30 before the E-5 with the same sensor.

Apart from that, the E-M5 has to compete with more camera's in the
marketplace compared to the E-M1, so there is a strong need for defining
features. This could be one.

Another question: if this technology would be combined with the 8Mb stills
extracting possibility of 4K video, maybe we could get 16Mb high quality
images from 4K video's. That would really be something for photographing
moving objects (like people), to pick the best shot from a video...

Best, Frank