Re: [OM] Moose caught in a web of lies?

Subject: Re: [OM] Moose caught in a web of lies?
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 11:53:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>> The problem as I have heard it with WD-40 is Paraffin.
>>
>> And the problem with the word 'paraffin' on this international list,
>> is that it refers to quite different things in various parts of the
>> world. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraffin>
>> I'm not sure that covers it all, either.
>
>Considering the liberal use of "called", AKA, etc.,,, I'm sure you are
>correct. Can we generally accept that it is some form of wax such as
>Earwax, Beeswax. :)
>
>What ever it(paraffin?) is overtime it will gum-up a coin acceptor
>beyond use, and is nasty to remove.

     At the3 bike shop we are now using a citrus-based biodegradable degreaser
and a heated ultrasonic cleaner to purge freewheels, chains, derailleurs, etc.
of hardened lubricants.  If it's really nasty we have them gently scrub away
what they can with WD-40 or Liquid Wrench before using the ultrasonic cleaner.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson