Re: [OM] Changing the question: was: Any suggestions for a, , VOIP provi

Subject: Re: [OM] Changing the question: was: Any suggestions for a, , VOIP provider?
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 11:17:04 -0800
Some comments Chuck:

-Still not addressing your original question but... Given your current use pattern, just for emergency use and assuming 160+ avg min/mo. 2 Tracfones or similar plans would save you $600/yr or more...even assuming that you purchase new phones. Price of a new lens :)

-FWIW My land line phones allow one to pair a cell phone to the base (like to a BT headset) so that both the land line and cell number will ring on all. One can leave the cell on the charger near the base unit. Of no use to me since I don't get a signal but my cell phone will link. Probably a feature for which you would have limited use but does address the hard to hear ringer among other things.

And then:
I don't work for 19CL anymore. Rail away.
OK, here goes. Voice quality on my wire is so bad that on occasion it is difficult to have a conversation. Sometimes I can hang up, redial and get a better connection, sometimes not. Phil the tech is unable to improve the signal within his universe which extends to the switches in town. Voice quality on the cell where I do get a signal is much superior.

Mike