Re: [OM] URGENT: User's advice on OMD M-10 needed

Subject: Re: [OM] URGENT: User's advice on OMD M-10 needed
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 22:00:47 -0800
Moose D'Opinion writes:

For me, the three axis IBIS isn't as cool as the five in the M5 andM1, but the difference in use isn't much for anything but macro(ish).

Yes, stabilization in the x and y planes is very useful for macro and left out in the A711 for any lens where focus distance is not available. Makes me wonder whether Oly really does have 5 way IBIS for such lenses as well. I can think of a possible way around it, but is is so much easier to leave out stabilization in those planes with no focus distance, it would be nice to confirm Oly actually does it with alt lenses.

Fortunately, I can't recall ever being in a situation where that matters. I use almost exclusively µ4/3 lenses. Any time I use an MF lens, I would be on a tripod and don't care if IBIS is fully functional or could turn it off.

Trying to think when I would do that, other than to test something. I've got a couple of fast primes; I don't think I have an MF macro lens as good as the 60/2.8, so it would only be the long mirrors.

I can see where it could be an issue for MF lenses on something like the A7II,
but it's not a concern for me with Oly IBIS

Stabilized Moose