Re: [OM] IMGs: Dream Car

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Dream Car
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 14:10:55 -0600
On 12/7/14 13:48 : , Mike Lazzari wrote:
  I spotted what has to be my dream car:
A guy here has three in his garage. Used to drive a silver one around town but mostly we only got to see them once a year in the 4th of July parade. I think for our little town of 1700 the per capita Avanti density is pretty high :) They were way ahead (too far?) of the times with the design.

Mike

Yes, indeed. A pretty advanced car. Fiberglass body, like the Corvette. First American production car to offer front disc brakes. Released in 1962, the year of my birth, so that just makes it cooler. Designed by Raymond Loewy's firm, assembled right next door in South Bend, IN.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach