Re: [OM] IMGs: Dream Car

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Dream Car
From: Larry Griffin via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 17:37:17 -0800
Moving the brakes inboard reduces the unsprung weight there by improving handling. Trust me it gets more complicated from there.

On 12/07/2014 04:37 PM, Chris Trask wrote:
Jaguar has a unique disc-brake system where the discs are inboard, taking that
weight off the wheels.
However, a PITA to service from what I know.

      The Audi 100 had those.  To replace the rotor, you had to disconnect the
inner CV joint and remove the wheel assembly.  Putting the rotors inboord put a
lot of stress on those four CV joints.

Chris

      - Hunter S. Thompson