Re: [OM] EXIF for manual lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] EXIF for manual lenses
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 22:08:05 -0800
Programmable Moose writes:

<<<I've written a little batch file that uses Phil Harvey's exiftool program to put data for the fisheye lencap into image files. It is written so that multiple files may be selected to be processed sequentially

Very cool, PM.

Thanks! How quickly one forgets. I used to be a whiz at .bat files. Now, I'm
slow and uncertain.

BTW the ExifGUI program that puts a easy interface on exiftool no longer seems supported and has become very buggy if not unusable. It used to be just fine.

Seems OK here for displaying EXIF, ver. 5.15.00. It does seem like editing is
kludgier than before, though.

I often just use Photme or Analogexif for scanned film to fix the exif.

For fixed data for several files, especially if often repeated, the above batch file technique is far faster than individual editing. You could have a Send To entry named BigFoot, for example, that would fill in lens model and max aperture for all the shots with that lens in a folder in one swell foop.

Ex If Moose