[OM] New hood design for 9-18 & 12-50 [was liking the 9-18]

Subject: [OM] New hood design for 9-18 & 12-50 [was liking the 9-18]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 14:33:16 -0800
On 12/9/2014 7:30 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
... It was already too dark to shoot ...  Another day...

But I did get a new pinch style lens cap for the 70-300

Oh yeah, makes a world of difference with that hood.

and lens hoods for both. All the parts work just fine. The other cap should be coming soon as well as the newer hood for the 9-18 (which I found out about only after ordering the one that fits both 9-18 and 12-50)

I just received my new JJC LH-J55C hood. A classic petal design, nicely made. I know the initial post identified it as for the 12-50 only. However, if one goes to the 9-18 on the OlyAmerica site and clicks on accessories, both the 55B and 55C come up. Just the same as for the 12-55.

It fits both lenses fine and looks good. The best news may be that, unlike the 55B, it will reverse over the 9-18. Between that and the fact it is physically smaller, it makes a smaller, less troublesome 'package' for fitting in a kit bag and will fit in a conventional soft lens bag/case. A BIG improvement for my kit. It doesn't latch reversed on either lens.

I haven't figured out a way to test coverage, but ideas may be perking ...

Hooded Moose