Re: [OM] Sporadic gallery update - Some Fireworks

Subject: Re: [OM] Sporadic gallery update - Some Fireworks
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:40:42 +1100
Nice work Ian.

...Wayne

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus
[mailto:olympus-bounces+wayne.harridge=structuregraphs.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
] On Behalf Of Ian Nichols
Sent: Thursday, 11 December 2014 1:15 AM
To: Olympus Camera Discussion
Subject: [OM] Sporadic gallery update - Some Fireworks

This year marks the 150th anniversary of the completion of Clifton
Suspension Bridge, and to mark the occasion there was a firework display
launched from the bridge itself on Sunday.  I got there early with E-3,
14-54, tripod and remote release to get some pictures.

A couple of good ones, I think (shame about that streetlight).  If there's a
next time though, I think i'll try a gorillapod clinging to the railings to
get closer to the water.  I'll also try to remember to use a different
technique - this time I set a shutter delay of 1s to allow vibrations to
damp out and held the shutter open on B.  One second is longet than you
think, and a lot of what I intended to capture was missed.  Next time I do
fireworks I'll try using a black card to cover the lens, lock the shutter
open and expose by removing the card.  Should be able to get some multiple
exposures that way.  Oh, and I must remember to use my fastest CF card too
- the writing delay got a bit frustrating (raw & HQ JPEG).  ISO 100, f/8 and
about 3 seconds exposure.

Anyway, here's the gallery:

https://plus.google.com/photos/103946165422859151776/albums/6090983093387499
713

--
Stand firm for what you believe in, until and unless logic and experience
prove you wrong.  Remember: when the emperor looks naked, the emperor *is*

-Daria Morgendorffer