Re: [OM] Californians are weather weenies

Subject: Re: [OM] Californians are weather weenies
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 12:52:03 -0800
On 12/11/2014 11:48 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
They get lightly brushed by one of our normal winter storms and the whole city
shuts down. : roll_eyes.gif:

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wKYVazfWGeM/VIkvSu-Rx1I/AAAAAAAAdcU/UMSZMSIl5Z4/s1600/KQED.GIF>
<http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/>

Sorry Moose, but I suspect that you make no apologies for weenie-ness ;)

No I make no apologies for myself. I'm perfectly happy to miss extreme weather,
which this isn't.

As to my fellow residents, it appears that weather forecasters and social media folks (temporarily?) lost their minds. It was windy most of last night, but nothing special where we are. Then v. early morning it started raining heavily for a few hours. Now it's raining pretty moderately.

In their defense, I suppose one might say they haven't seen a decent storm in a couple of years. Me? I'm just hoping the front due early next week is another good one. We need to fill up those reservoirs and build up a good snow pack.

Carol was out and about this morning and we are about to go out to lunch with
my brother and his wife.

Slightly damp Moose