Re: [OM] Californians are weather weenies

Subject: Re: [OM] Californians are weather weenies
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 10:26:06 -0800
On 12/12/2014 6:57 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
They get lightly brushed by one of our normal winter storms and the
whole city shuts down. : roll_eyes.gif:

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wKYVazfWGeM/VIkvSu-Rx1I/AAAAAAAAdcU/UMSZMSIl5Z4/s1600/KQED.GIF>
<http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/>

      And they're in for at least two more significant storms after this one
next week.  The next one will have far more rainfall than the present one.

I rather hope that's not true. This one exceeded 50 year old rainfall records in some places, with 6" totals. The weather guessers say a spurt of tropical moisture up from the south caused the center to stall and elongate N-S right over the SF Bay area.

"Far more" would cause a lot of real harm.

No trouble where we are, but lots of flooding in the usual places

Wet Moose

The one arriving here late tonight may give us as much as 0.75" of rainfall in the
low deserts (NWS forecast), and the one following that may give us as much as 2" (my
estimate).  Not sure what the third one will hive us as it's just now on the event
horizon, meaning more than eight days away.  I'll know more about that one on Sunday.

Chris

      - Hunter S. Thompson