Re: [OM] Scanning with camera--revisited.

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanning with camera--revisited.
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 13:14:45 +0800
I think it is an independent issue, I have scanned many negatives with my Epson 4870 but haven't seen any pattern noise yet. (I can assure you that I'm very sensitive to pattern noise, tonal issues and other artifacts. I found pattern noise is more a problem on the 5D II.)

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, the flatbeds never deliver real resolution at their quoted value. I
just hope at 6400dpi, it will be close to the Nikon at 4000dpi:

My biggest issue with some of the flatbeds is pattern noise. You
usually don't see it in most scans--especially 'chromes, but if you
scan a negative and crank the contrast and saturation up, you are
likely to see some diagonal hatch pattern.

AG
AG
AG
AG