Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Finally! About time, slacker...

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Finally! About time, slacker...
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 22:22:32 -0600
On 12/14/14 12:36 : , Mike Lazzari wrote:
One of my favorites is the guy with the B-17 in the background. He had been a radioman on a B-17 over Europe. He was there with his son, pointing out the various parts of the bomber hanging in the gallery, and describing the
differences between his plane and the one there.
My Dad flew a B17 out of Thorp Abbotts. Crawled around inside one with him a few years ago. Man those things were cramped! Bare bones. Absolutely nothing extra. His whole crew were just kids. It is a miracle that any of them returned at all.

Mike

Every time I hear combat stories, I'm just thankful that I was the right age to miss the draft. I appreciate those who served, but I don't want to think about how it would have been if I had to go.

--

Paul Braun WD9GCO
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach