Re: [OM] Solo Formation

Subject: Re: [OM] Solo Formation
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 06:19:51 +0000
Thanks, Bob.  It was a lucky shot, considering I was mistakenly on Manual and I
couldn’t use the LCD as I was one-handed and that hand partly covered the LCD.

But it was a beautiful evening.  I remember a student’s first formation sortie
about 8 years ago: we climbed away from the takeoff as wingman, with me
demonstrating how to fly formation.  The winter sun was going behind some
clouds making beautiful colours.  The student said, “I’ve dreamed about this
sort of flight for years.”  I found that very touching.

He has since graduated, flies airliners and has just got married :-)

Chris