Re: [OM] IMG: Star Trek actors

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Star Trek actors
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 12:35:31 -0800
On 12/16/2014 11:10 AM, Jez Cunningham wrote:
Patrick Stewart is more of a Shakespeare / stage actor - he's often asked
if he regrets 'lowering' himself to Star Trek ;-)

Wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Stewart>:

    1. Sir Patrick Stewart OBE is an English film, television, and stage
    actor, who has had a distinguished career on stage and screen...

Well, in part distinguished. In the tradition of Olivier, Richardson, et. al., who viewed what they did as craft, not "Art", it seems he will appear in almost anything, which I find refreshing.

Seen by us on stage in Pinter's No Man's Land with Gandalf, er, Ian McKellan this summer. In some ways a poor choice for Stewart, it seemed to me. He was excellent, but McKellan's part was juicier and he was simply astonishing in it. I'd not thought of Pinter as funny, but they brought out the, often dark, humor.

Unfortunately, they didn't 'tune up' Godot here.

Wowed Moose