Re: [OM] IMG: Star Trek actors

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Star Trek actors
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 17:06:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> Takei's family was one of the
>> ones pulled from society and put into the American equivalent of
>> concentration camps, simply because their heritage was Japanese.
>

>While I would never condone what we did to Americans of Japanese descent,
>there is no equivalence
>between our internment camps, however unpleasant and unjust they were, and
>Nazi concentration camps.

     Even less know is the internment of Arab Bedouin (sp?) by the Italians in
southern Lybia.  I'm aware of just one movie being made concerning this piece
of history, "Lion of the Desert".  Anthony Quinn portrays the subject
character, and Rod Steiger portrsys Bennito Mousollini (sp?).  It is probably
Steiger's best performance.  You probably won't see this movie played in the US
as it was funded entirely by Omar Quadaffy.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson