Re: [OM] Waiting for the mail

Subject: Re: [OM] Waiting for the mail
From: ChrisB <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 18:48:43 +0000
There’s nothing on the horizon for me (or my wife).  We have just had our Annex
refurbished, the cost of which tripled when the builder discovered that the
original conversion from a barn had been mishandled and that the roof plate had
shifted – outwards.

So, after much bracing, framing and girding (verb from girder, describing the
massive steel girder bracing the middle of the building) our savings are
seriously depleted and I think that I’ll be working for a couple more years at
least.  More to the the point, there’ll be nothing more in the post for me for
a good few months.

Our smart new Annex is our Christmas present . . .

Chris