Re: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations - Chuck comments on exit pup

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations - Chuck comments on exit pupil diameter
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:27:44 -0500
On 12/24/2014 8:14 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

   My own Pentax thingies are these, the 8x version

<http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-25-DCF-SW-Binoculars/dp/B0014PTIDK/ref=sr_1
_sc_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1419435842&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Pentax+8
x+25mm+Dcf+Sw+Binoculrs>

So are these good B'fly binocs? There was a link to a close focusing variant but not clear if the optics are as good or Nitrogen purged. I am usually just interested in opportunities for compelling images for compelling images so have a long prime on extension, but perhaps binocs would be a fun useful adjunct and at least aid in ID's. A superficial analysis would argue that zooms would be nice with spotting critters at lower mag then zoom in, but it seems the performance of zoom binocs seem quite poor with collimation/zoom sync issues. Perhaps this is changing /has changed but I doubt it as I bet it they would have been mentioned in this thread.

Chasin' 'em with no binocs, Mike