Re: [OM] Square Hoods (was: New toy on the way)

Subject: Re: [OM] Square Hoods (was: New toy on the way)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 18:09:35 -0500
I couldn't find any rectangular but petal shaped ones can be found. I only searched for 62mm but these same suppliers may also make larger ones. Here's 2 that I found

This is a very low cost 62mm screw-on with (important) a locking collar to assure proper alignment with the image plane
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/843335-REG/sensei_lhsc_62_62mm_screw_on_tulip_lens.html>

This one snaps onto the threads... I assume like a lens cap. It costs a lot more so I hope it gives a sturdy grip. If you zoom the image you can see that it has a much larger gripping area than a typical lens cap.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/754684-REG/Vello_LHS_62II_62mm_Snap_on_Tulip_Lens.html>

Both, of course, require an internal focusing lens to maintain image plane alignment as would a rectangular hood as well.

Chuck Norcutt