Re: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations - Chuck comments on exit pup

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations - Chuck comments on exit pupil diameter
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 22:57:48 -0500
A distance guess is that they focus to about 6 feet, maybe a bit closer. Is that good enough?

Chuck Norcutt

On 12/24/2014 8:14 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

    My own Pentax thingies are these, the 8x version

<http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-25-DCF-SW-Binoculars/dp/B0014PTIDK/ref=sr_1
_sc_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1419435842&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Pentax+8
x+25mm+Dcf+Sw+Binoculrs>

So are these good B'fly binocs?  There was a link to a close focusing
variant but not clear if the optics are as good or Nitrogen purged.  I
am usually just interested in opportunities for compelling images
for compelling images so have a long prime on extension, but perhaps
binocs would be a fun useful adjunct and at least aid in ID's.  A
superficial analysis would argue that zooms would be nice with spotting
critters at lower mag then zoom in, but it seems the performance of zoom
binocs seem quite poor with collimation/zoom sync issues.  Perhaps this
is changing  /has changed but I doubt it as I bet it they would have
been mentioned in this thread.

Chasin' 'em with no binocs, Mike