Re: [OM] Unusual aircraft

Subject: Re: [OM] Unusual aircraft
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 13:40:47 -0800
On 12/27/2014 7:57 AM, ChrisB wrote:
Yes, the Jet Provost Mk 3 had a similar problem.  The idle-to-full power
acceleration could take 16 seconds.

For completely unrelated reasons, what appeared to me to be, and turned out to be, inaccurate historical information in a novelistic memoir, I searched info about the earliest jet fighters.

In addition to initial reliability and longevity engine problems that limited their actual use, their very slow acceleration and only moderately greater top speeds made them vulnerable to the latest piston engined, propeller driven fighters.

Steeped in History Moose