Re: [OM] Last week's achievement

Subject: Re: [OM] Last week's achievement
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 22:51:37 -0800
On 12/27/2014 2:29 PM, bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The last-up-until-now photos of my boat were taken under less than ideal
conditions; typical of here, strong very contrasty summer light with shadow.

Probably I shouldn't have even considered making the shots, but I wanted,
especially for Mike L, to show other aspects of the vessel not previously
shown.

Out from the tree shadow would have been easier, earlier/later.

Then I did a quick ( about 1 minute) edit of each in FastStone to bring out
some details, and uploaded them.

Chuck wasn't happy with the results, so here, this one and the next two, are
size reduced originals for him or anybody to  play with. I have not even
sharpened them.

See what you think.

I think FastStone is a great viewer and a very limited editor, with few, not particularly good tools. I think it takes more than a minute to improve a shot like that, but a great improvement may be made. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/BSwale/Boat_Rear.htm>

I know it's always a risk to post quick and dirty illustrative shots here. Someone(s) is are bound to treat them as serious images and find fault. :-) The faults are there, of course, but are they worth bothering about? Enough may be done in PS in under a minute with one tool (LR I don't know well enough to say.) that no one would likely have commented on IQ. Going about half as far in FS might have sneaked by.

All Aboard Moose