[OM] Have E-M5 and E-M1 users noticed...

Subject: [OM] Have E-M5 and E-M1 users noticed...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 10:06:12 -0500
When looking through the E-M1 manual this morning I noticed that it has an undefined "Low" ISO setting and also has two in-camera HDR modes.

Although the E-M5 manual says nothing about "Low" ISO I discovered that my camera allows such a setting. I assume that this must have arrived with one of the firmware upgrades to the camera but I don't recall it ever having been mentioned. Since even the E-M1 manual says nothing about the setting I had to assume it means 1/2 of the lowest normal setting as it does on the Canon 5D. The 5D's lowest normal setting is ISO 100 and the low setting takes it to 50. I assume that the E-M1 and E-M5 have an ISO of 100 when set to "Low" and my meter readings verify that. Good news for fill flash shooters competing with the sun for the ambient exposure. Also, as I've noted before with respect to daylight fill flash my own E-M5 will sync at 1/320 vs the stated limit of 1/250. The E-M1 manual says it will do 1/320 with the "built-in" flash but only 1/250 with an external flash.

Chuck Norcutt